Monday, February 14, 2011

Ballerina is Blank

For the past few weeks Ballerina will sometimes come home from school and tell me, "Mom, do you know? Sometimes I am blank at school and I need glasses so I won't be blank."  Blank=blind=need glasses.  Ballerina has convinced herself that she needs glasses.  I suppose having a mom that wears glasses most of the time and a dad that wears glasses when he gets home from work would do that.  Whenever I wear contacts Ballerina tells me that I don't look like myself without glasses and that she likes me better with glasses on.  I have been needing to buy a new pair of glasses since mine are 3+ years old, so we were shopping for frames and Ballerina loved trying on the kid frames.  She looked SO adorable in them and she tried to convince me that she really needed them.  But she has perfect eyesight and doesn't need them.

But when we went to Claire's there were adorable frames with fake lenses.  So I let her choose a pair and she was ecstatic.
Ballerina wore them for 3 days straight from the moment she woke up to the moment she went to bed.  She wore them to school and had everyone convinced that she needed them.  Even her teachers were wondering if they were real.

One night I asked Ballerina to clean up and she decided to enlist our big dinosaurs to help:
Ballerina is so creative.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

yes her glasses fad was hilarious. Although, like most, it has already passed. Now we have two sets of glasses in her room. But if she ever feels "blank" again, they are there for her...

Yes, Ballerina has no end to her imagination. To get her to help or clean, using your imagination is definitely the tool! Nice dinosaur assistance on the clean up.