I believe that I have developed hypothyroidism because of the pregnancy. Two in every 100 pregnant women get it. It hasn't been confirmed, but I've been feeling SOOOO tired and rundown. It's really frustrating. When I went to see the midwife last Wednesday she found a lump or nodule on my thyroid. 95% of the time these lumps are benign. One in every 12-15 women have them. I'll be seeing an endocrinologist later this month, but I'm hoping to get seen sooner since untreated hypothyroidism can lead to birth defects. Maybe I'm just overly tired, cold and depressed and it's not hypothyroidism. But with how I feel I'm pretty convinced that it is. I normally get 8 hours of sleep then I have to lay back down for a two hour nap after breakfast and then I feel sluggish the rest of the day. If I don't get a morning nap, I need an afternoon one. At times I don't even have the energy to sit at the computer. It wasn't this bad with my other pregnancies. Maybe I'm just getting older.
Handsome Husband has been very good about it and he made dinner last night and lunch this afternoon. Baby Dragon loves the company on the couch. She's very happy to have me lie down next to her. She tries to convince me to stay awake by saying, "If you keep watching you'll see (insert what happens next in the movie)..." I try to keep my eyes open, but finally I tell her that I just need to sleep. Sometimes she'll tell me to lay down and go to sleep. Sweetie hasn't noticed, but she likes to bring me books to read her when I'm laying down.
Baby Dragon is very excited that my belly will get bigger. Right now the baby is about the size of a grape. I'll be 10 weeks along by Friday. Baby Dragon likes to watch little videos with me about the baby developing. When I went to Motherhood to find a shirt Baby Dragon thought the detachable belly was so cool, she wanted to try it on. It's fun to have her be so excited.
6 comments:
Erika, I wished I lived nearby so I could take the girls and you could get some more rest! The coldness definitely sounds like it could be thyroid related...pregnancy normally makes people warm...I'm sorry friend. Maybe it's a boy also? I've heard being pregnant with a girl vs a boy is VERY different. The hormonal difference can manifest itself in many ways. Anyway, we love you and I'm SO GLAD your girls (and of course Captain) are taking care of you!
My sister had that problem when pregnant with her twin boys. (There weren't any long-lasting issues, though, once it was addressed.) Hope you feel better soon! :)
Blessings,
Michele
Erika, I hope you will feel better soon. I was very tired in my first trimester as well( but not so much sick this time). Mainly, I had to take care of two this time. I am glad that your girls are very nice about the whole situation. Mine watched TV a lot during the time and they still do sometimes. I get tired on and off with my anemia. Hang in there.
I love you honey and want to ease your burdens. I hope some energy kicks in because with me working later mine is running out! haha, what a perfect pair we make.
I love you and hope the girls make life easier (as well as entertaining!)
I didn't have any thyroid issues, but my first trimester and part of my second I was SOOOOOOOO tired like that. I would joke (but not really) that when I would walk up the stairs, I would have to lay down and the top and take a nap. And one time (seriously), I was making waffles for dinner because I hadn't made anything for dinner for so long, but I had to go lay down on the couch in between waffles in the waffle maker. So pathetic. I feel your pain.
Hey girl I so wish I could be there to help you out! I will have to keep a look out for cheap airline tickets...after all busy season is well on its way... :) Perhaps I would be able to convince my hubby if it was BEFORE march and Landon turning 2... Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya from afar. I am always hear when ever you need to talk or vent. Love ya girl!!! and oh how I miss you!!
Post a Comment