Monday, January 5, 2009

Moving

We moved Sweetie's bed into Baby Dragon's room. The girls are SO EXCITED to share a room! We decided to move them in together because Sweetie has been having a hard time going to bed and we thought she'd do better if someone was in the room with her. Besides, they'll have to share rooms eventually, that's why we bought a bunk bed (which can separate into separate beds- see the white one). When Sweetie gets bigger we'll pull the other one out of the garage.

The first day Baby Dragon wanted to go to bed immediately, even though it was 10 AM. She was VERY enthusiastic. When it was finally bed time, Sweetie cried for about 1/2 an hour. Baby Dragon was pretty confused as to why Sweetie was having such a hard time. Finally, I went in the room and decided to stay next to Sweetie until she fell asleep, just this first night anyway. (I remember my younger sisters needing to have someone lay down with them EVERY NIGHT and I remember helping out when I was 13 or 14.) Anyway, Baby Dragon fell asleep fairly quickly once I had Sweetie quiet, but I stayed in there for AN HOUR and Sweetie wouldn't. go. to. sleep. I was pretty annoyed at her by the time Handsome Husband came in to "wake me up." He thought I'd just fallen asleep next to her. So I told him it was his turn. I think it took him 15 minutes to get her to sleep. She probably cried a couple more times and he took her out of the room and gave her a little talking to about how she was going to wake her sister. Apparently that did the trick.
Last night was the 2nd go around. There was a massive improvement. HUGE. We put them to bed a little earlier (7:30) and Sweetie didn't cry when we left the room. Baby Dragon kept up a little dialogue. She told Sweetie stories about how she broke her tooth and needed to go to the doctor (not really). When she was done she said, "Do you like that tooth story? Do you want to hear it again?" (We were listening to her on the baby monitor) When Sweetie didn't answer Baby Dragon said, "Hey! Sweetie! Wake up!" We had to go in and remind her that it IS bed time and that she shouldn't tell Sweetie to wake up. Then Baby Dragon sang "I am a Child of God" to Sweetie. It's one of Baby Dragon's favorite songs and we sing it to her every night. She probably chattered for 30 minutes before she finally nodded off. Sweetie was still awake and she hummed to herself and finally fell asleep as well. Handsome Husband and I were very happy about how it went last night!

Hopefully, they will get used to sleeping in the same room and they will enjoy it. They definitely seem to like playing together in the morning, which I like because it means I get to sleep in a little longer!

Here's Sweetie wrapped in her favorite blanket. Isn't she cute? Every time she sees her blankie she starts to suck on her bottom lip and hum. It's how she comforts herself.

2 comments:

V said...

Aw, what a sweet relationship they have! Sweetie is darling in her blanket.

Cpt Naykid said...

I am so glad the girls did better last night! It was great fun to listen to BD's stories.

Very cute pic of Sweetie!