Handsome Husband decided to take a day off work during Ballerina's spring break so we could go to the zoo. We were especially excited to introduce Captain Adorable to the zoo since he gets really excited about animals. I THINK the last time he went he was a tiny baby.
The first animals we saw were the penguins. They swam right up to the glass.
This one is totally overexposed but I love it. I was definitely challenged with working all the controls on my new camera while we were at the zoo. Great practice for me.
I do not get enough opportunities to look at my husband with him gone to work all day. He is just so handsome! And he's so good with the kids.
Polar bears are Handsome Husband's favorite animal. (That shadow is Ballerina)
This is Ballerina not wanting to leave the polar bear exhibit. We were lucky enough to witness a bear peeing in the water.
I love Handsome Husband's smile lines.
Can I just say that I am loving spring break? It is SO nice not to have to get up at a certain time every morning and not to have to make sure I am home by a certain time to get Ballerina from school. And the girls have been playing really well together. Summer will be great!
Sweetie and Captain Adorable loved the fish and turtles.
Snack time! I think Handsome Husband brought white chocolate chips and marshmallows for the kids.
Hence their eagerness for more.
This little sculpture garden was SO CROWDED! It was ridiculous. It seemed like there were lines to every sculpture. Maybe going to the zoo during spring break wasn't the best decision we ever made.
We were very excited to get to see the big elephant get a shower and get fed.
At the lion exhibit Captain Adorable was more interested in the lion sculptures than he was in the real lions.
Captain Adorable is signing sleep because the hippo is sleeping.
Captain Adorable enjoys smacking the air out of Handsome Husband's cheeks. He tries to do this with me, but I tell him it's not a mommy thing.
Ballerina's favorite: the bats. Because they are so cute and fluffy.
Here are the girls watching the sea lions. I had a picture of the sea lion, but I figured I had enough pictures in this post.
I have a picture of Ballerina by this little squirrel statue when she was about Captain Adorable's age.
Sweetie was so cute sitting on the goat.
And Ballerina steals the show, pretending that she is falling off the goat.
The girls were sliding down this sign while we waited for Handsome Husband to swing around with the car. Remember how it was super crowded, so he had to park far away. I say 'he' because I refused to walk that far so he dropped me off at the entrance with the kids. I am a little spoiled by him...






















































5 comments:
From Jeana: Cute pictures ! I especially liked the ones of Cpt A and Handsome Husband. Ballerina has SO many face expression you have GOT to get that girl into a drama class. She is such a little drama queen. :) Glad you had a fun day at the zoo with the family!
Wow, this is a massive post :). I like Ballerina's comment that I wasn't listening to her. I wonder what she was referring to. You must have done the interviews while I was getting the car.
Thank you for the compliment! I love playing with the kids and spending time with you guys. I just wish I could do it more! Oi, you pointed out my smile lines...:)
The marshmellows and chocolate worked! I did bring sandwiches too, don't overlook that :).
Ah, I love Ballerina's humor...fabulous. Great expressions too.
That is really high-quality video footage.
The pictures are phenomenal! I feel like some of those animals are jumping out at me.
I can take you up on that zoo trip!! when I come into town. me and ballerina can watch the bats together! I love bats.
Post a Comment