I had a great time at my ward's annual Relief Society Beach Retreat. We stayed in two beach houses that were very close to the beach.



We started our program with some scripture reading and discussion.
Then our message was presented. It focused on not comparing ourselves to others and based on the talk The Other Prodigal by apostle Jeffrey R. Holland. I participated in a couple of role plays for it. At the end of the lesson, the speaker handed out notes from someone who appreciated us.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this sweet note from my Handsome Husband.
After we all wiped our eyes from reading the sweet notes, we played a getting to know you game and then a really fun game called In the Manner of the Adverb. Basically, one person goes out, everyone decides on a secret adverb. The person comes back and asks one or more people to act something out in the manner of the adverb. I was asked to walk the catwalk in the manner of the adverb.
My adverb was seductively. I was pretty proud when the person guessed right.
But don't you even worry, there were plenty of other people who had to do equally embarrassing things.
Like cheerleading "enthusiastically."
Or dancing "freakishly."
Freakishly was a really hard adverb so a few people had to try to act it out.
Jeana had to paint a fence "softly."
But then they changed it to petting a dog "softly" since that was hard to get.
Afterwards some of us stayed up late playing games.
I love playing speed scrabble!
I stayed up even later with Jeana and a couple of other girls in the hot tub. SO LATE. In the morning Jeana talked me in to running on the beach. I haven't really run much since high school cross country. I had a hard time keeping up and was super sore after.
I started the run out without my camera, but I couldn't stand being on the beach without it, so we swung back to the house to get it.
Seriously. Could not go without the camera.
After our run we got all cleaned up.
And we spent the next few hours shopping at the outlet malls in Lincoln City. I picked up adorable coordinating outfits from Children's Place for the kids for family pictures. Jeana is such a great shopping companion. She always offers the best opinions and really values your opinions when it comes to shopping.






















2 comments:
Glad you had a good time. You missed out on some excitment with the kids, but I know you enjoyed yourself.
This is AWESOME. I've never even heard of a ward having a women's sleepover. What great bonding/friend-making time!
Post a Comment