Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My NEW Camera!!

I received my new camera in the mail!!  I have been saving my babysitting money from watching Babydoll and I've been saving my money from the session here and there that I have shot for MONTHS for this camera.  I got the new Nikon D7000.  I chose it because it's the newest camera out from Nikon so it's got the best low light capabilities (and in Oregon, I run into a LOT of low light situations).  It also has the best video quality out of the Nikon cameras.  This one is the high end of the pro-sumer cameras.  It is not a professional body camera.  I figure I can go there in the future when I really feel ready and when I have money for the professional grade lenses!
Photobucket
So, a new camera means lots of experimenting to figure out how the dang thing works.  I've been reading the manual and I even called Nikon to figure out how to work the THIRTY-NINE focus points.  I had THREE with my Nikon D40.  So going to 39 is quite the leap.  I have just been using my 50mm 1.4 lens.  Handsome Husband teases me that I have such an expensive camera, but it doesn't zoom!  He is all for me saving up for a zoom lens because apparently, that's what makes a good camera in his mind.
Photobucket
I can be extra excited that I can edit my pictures with Photoshop and get the skin tones much more realistic!
Photobucket
 And you can be excited about all the random pictures I was taking.Photobucket
Sweetie and Landon were playing Zingo at Landon's house. Sweetie says that Zingo is one her of favorite games.  She loves having favorites and is quick to declare that something is her favorite.
Photobucket

Photobucket
They basically match different picture tiles to their cards, similar to bingo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And now I am excited to show you the amazing videos that my camera takes!  I LOVE them!  I love how cute and girly Sweetie is in this.
Captain Adorable wanted to play too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This picture shows Sweetie and Landon both telling Captain Adorable "No!"
Photobucket
I had Sweetie come and play her Leapster by the big window I could get more practicing in.  There are SO many dials and buttons that it is taking a lot of practice to learn how to work the camera!  But that is ok, I am so happy to have it!
Photobucket
Sweetie has my eye color.  It's kind of a greenish hazel.  She loves that we "match."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ah, the lovely Leapster (she pronounces it "Weapster").
Photobucket
Apparently, Sweetie was having a series of awful hair days when I was taking these pictures.  I DO try and do her hair occasionally...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Captain Adorable is just a little character!  He loves to be funny.  He fishes out the potholders and runs around with them on his hands.  Then he drops them and laughs.
Photobucket
And he covers his face when he laughs.
Photobucket
Look at that happy boy.
Photobucket
Cutest. Thing. Ever.
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

V said...

I love the picture under "Look at that happy boy." He is adooooorable. Such a good smile.

Liv decided to teach our Weapster to swim so we have games but no system. :(

Your camera looks super cool!

Out-Island Explorers said...

Once again playing catch up here, so this comment goes for all the recent posts... wonderful photos!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't decide between photos and just posts a ton. Makes it more fun if you ask me :) Love your kiddos!!!

Cpt Naykid said...

I am still defending my position! A good camera can't be a good camera without a zoom lense :)

Zingo? I am not familiar with it. I'll have to check it out.

All of your videos are blocked here at work. Please show them to me when I am home.

Sweetie's hair comes out quickly because she scratches and pulls at it. It doesn't even stay nice for a day.