Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day weekend some friends came to stay with us.  My friend Bonnie and her family were in our first ward here in Oregon.  They have moved out of state, but we've kept in touch and this is the second time they have come to visit.  

Sweetie was so cute.  She was totally enthralled with Bonnie.  From the minute she came over, Sweetie followed her around with smiles and was chattering to her and letting Bonnie hold her.  I have never seen Sweetie take so quickly to someone. 

Bonnie made these ADORABLE super hero capes for the girls.  
She put their first initial on each cape and they ran around the house being heroes for at least half an hour.  It was the cutest thing.  They LOVED the capes.
Baby Dragon had a great time playing with their older daughter.  They were playing "Peter Pan" and "Lion King."  It was so fun to see their imaginations really go.  Sweetie spent a lot of time playing in the same room.  Bonnie's younger daughter is about 4 months younger than Sweetie and not quite old enough for a lot of interactive play. We tried to have the Baby Dragon's friend sleep in her room, but they wouldn't stop talking so the friend ended up sleeping with her parents.

After the kids were in bed we played games and ate brownies with Bonnie and her husband.

On Valentine's Day Handsome Husband and I took the girls to a car dealership and traded in our car for a van.  I'll be picking it up tomorrow and I'll post all about it then.  It took FOREVER, but we're very excited about having it for our trip to visit my family.  Bonnie and her family went to the zoo and visited more friends.

That evening we got a babysitter and Handsome Husband took me to a Japanese restaurant. It was my first time eating sushi.  I had california rolls and then a couple of Handsome Husband's "meat lover" rolls.  They had cooked meat-- I was playing it safe with the pregnancy and all.  Afterwards we went to the stake dance, I was dressed up in a formal peach dress.  It was SO fun to dance with Handsome Husband again!  We used to go to youth dances all the time and it was great to go back to that setting.  It helped to remind me that a future goal of mine is to take dance classes with Handsome Husband (when the kids are older).  He seems to be open to the idea. :)  We won a door prize: Buy one get one night at a Bed and Breakfast!  We are probably going to go to the coast and bring the kids (if the B&B allows kids).

Handsome Husband gave me some See's candy.  I asked him not to get me flowers in order to save money this month.  I got him a card.  We watched a movie at home with Bonnie and her husband.

This morning Baby Dragon got to play with her friend for a little while before we went to church and Bonnie's family went home. This evening Handsome Husband's parents are coming for dinner and a family home evening lesson.  It's been a full weekend!  But so much fun!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Yeah how fun!! Call me tomorrow so we can catch up. What van did you decide on ??? I didn't realize you were gettting it THIS soon. I am sure you are so excited!! :)

V said...

OH! You photo-edited the initials out. I couldn't figure out if the capes were covered with green tape or what.

Cpt Naykid said...

Happy Valentine's day! I hope you had fun on our date and buying a car. I am sure most people viewed our car buying experience as sudden, but it is important they know we have been planning it for months, researching it for a while, and when you make up your mind of being "ready," things happen.
Anyways, I love you and hope you enjoy the new car!