
We did our taxes and got a larger return than expected!!! YES! We are soooo excited because that means that as soon as the money gets deposited into our bank account we'll be able to PAY OFF OUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! We had planned to have it paid off by April, so it's AWESOME that we get to pay it off 2 months early! It also means that we'll be selling the car soon and shopping for this:

After some research, I'm going between a Dodge Grand Caravan and a Chrysler Town & Country. I'm hoping to get a 2008. I'd actually probably go for a Toyota Sienna, but they are about $7,000- $10,000 more than I want to spend. We are planning to have the minivan paid off by the time the baby comes. We'll be consumer-debt-free! Then we'll focus hard on our student loans and get those paid off as soon as we can (hopefully about 18 months) and then the only debt we'll have is our house. It has been very empowering to take tight control of our finances and really knock out debt. It gives a lot of peace of mind!
I am sooo excited for a minivan, you don't even know. I don't think I got that excited about it until Abra let me borrow her minivan and I LOVED the space!!!! Besides, it's crazy how often you need a large vehicle for shipping things around. It makes me laugh when people have a hard time with the stereotype of "soccer mom" that seems to come with a minivan. I don't care if it means I have ROOM! Besides, I grew up with a minivan from the time I was about 6 or something.
Update on the thyroid: I will meet with the surgeon on Wednesday to discuss the surgery. My endocrinologist is saying that I could possibly delay the surgery until after the baby is born-- if the nodule doesn't grow in the next 3 or 4 weeks. But I'm not sure if I want to wait and have to be recovering from surgery while caring for a newborn. I should know by Wednesday what decision we make.
THANK YOU ALL, so much, for your support and your kind words. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers that have been sent my way. It is humbling. I am sure that it is one reason that we have been able to deal with this as well as we have. Thanks!
4 comments:
I'm hoping to do something empowering with our tax return too. Student loans are horrible, and I think we'll have them until we die. :)
Congrats on the tax return and on the minivan! I can't wait to get one too. We like the Mazda 5, mini, mini fan:)
Hope all goes well with your Doctor.
Yeah!!! What can I say you rock! I know at one times a budget wasn't your forte but look at you now! Someday I'm going to be just like you i hope... :) love ya girl!
The first 5 years of marriage was always a debate about budgeting. Once we documented all our expenses, it became easier and easier to remove unnecessary ones. Honey, you have taken great control of the "budget bug" and have been spectacular! I mean, absolutely awesome!
Thank you for doing so much with our finances, I truly, truly appreciate it!
Love you!
Post a Comment