Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rock Stars

The Elder's Quorum in our ward had a Rock Star party.  Basically we played Guitar Hero and board games.  We were supposed to come dressed up as our favorite rock star, although only 3 people showed up in costume-- us being two of the three.  

At first I wanted to be Gwen Stefani, but I don't have a bit of blonde hair and I don't have any bright red lipstick.  So I decided to be Avril Lavigne.  I called up one of the young women in my ward and asked if I could borrow some accessories.  Handsome Husband went as David Cook.  He let me do his hair all crazy.
Notice the blue hair extension things I borrowed.  It was awesome.  Too bad my hair isn't longer...  I totally could have done more black eye makeup, but it already felt like overkill!
Handsome Husband was really excited to try out the drums for Guitar Hero.  He did pretty good.
I tried playing the bass guitar, but we didn't get any pictures.  I got to medium level.  We also played some board games.  It was fun.

4 comments:

Jeana said...

Thats dumb that no one dressed up. I thought that was part of the idea? YOu guys looked awesome! joseph should do his hair like that more often... :) ya I can see that happening lol
That looks like it was a pretty fun date.

rachel said...

You two look great! I love it!

Cbayley said...

You two are awesome rock stars!! Drums are hard, I tried once and totally got kicked off.

Cpt Naykid said...

I totally take back any comments I have made about Guitar Hero. I think it is an awesome and addicting video game! Granted, I only cared to play the drums, the guitar looks boring :)

Yea, I had fun. Thanks for dressing up and being silly with me wifey! I think you would have taken first place (had they done anything).

Love ya