Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Surgery

It looks like surgery is a go.  From the ultrasound, the border around the nodule is indistinct and that makes my doctor nervous.  He recommemds surgery as soon as possible. I have an appointment for February 20th.  I have a good surgeon who does 50+ thyroidectemies a year.  We have been very blessed with our Kaiser health insurance because the surgery won't cost us anything out of pocket.  Recovery sounds easy enough.  The hard part is that I won't be able to EAT anything after midnight and my surgery isn't until early afternoon.  I'm going to be SOOOO hungry!  Try telling a pregnant woman not to eat!  Pregnancy hunger is the worst. 

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Good luck, I hope everything goes well and I will keep you in my prayers.

Summer said...

Oogh- yicky! Best wishes!! Maybe the timing is a blessing in disguise. At least its before you're dealing with a new baby. In the world of worsts, pregnancy hunger surgery is second only to post-partum exhaustion/ nursing surgery- haha.

rachel said...

Are you getting your entire thyroid removed or just part of it?

Erika said...

ALL of it. Definitely going to be thyroid free.