Friday, April 22, 2011

Light Reading

Photobucket
Well, Ballerina's reading skills have been improving... but not quite that much!  I just thought it was cute that she was pretending to read Mormon Doctrine.
Photobucket
The missionaries came over for dinner and Ballerina asked them if they were going to share the Gospel before they left.  They were more than happy to teach a little lesson.  Handsome Husband is still the Ward Mission Leader, so we get to see the missionaries all the time.  It is a lot of fun.  We have gone to some discussions with the missionaries and it is wonderful to be part of the work with them.  A few weeks ago I volunteered to help feed the missionaries lunch at one of their zone conferences.  It was such a fun experience seeing so many missionaries at once.  After we served their meal they sang to us.  We introduced ourselves and how we were tied to missionaries.  I explained that I wrote Handsome Husband throughout his mission and that he is now the Ward Mission Leader and that my sister recently served a mission.  Then they each came through the line and shook our hands.  We felt like celebrities with so many people wanting to shake our hands (there were about 60 there).  There was such a sweet spirit, being around all those young, happy missionaries.  I decided that I would really like to be a Mission President's wife someday.  So, if Handsome Husband ever gets called as a Mission President, I will be excited to be the "mother" of the mission.  :)

4 comments:

Cpt Naykid said...

I would love to serve together as presidents of a mission. That would be an amazing experience. I hope the Lord blesses us that it will be a possibility.

Now where would we choose....New Zealand?

Cpt Naykid said...

I would love to serve together as presidents of a mission. That would be an amazing experience. I hope the Lord blesses us that it will be a possibility.

Now where would we choose....New Zealand?

Cpt Naykid said...

I would love to serve together as presidents of a mission. That would be an amazing experience. I hope the Lord blesses us that it will be a possibility.

Now where would we choose....New Zealand?

Cpt Naykid said...

I would love to serve together as presidents of a mission. That would be an amazing experience. I hope the Lord blesses us that it will be a possibility.

Now where would we choose....New Zealand?