Friday, May 20, 2011

My Birthday Celebration

I can't remember the last time I had a full on birthday party from friends.  Jeana decided to organize one really quick.  It was supposed to be gorgeous weather so she asked for a list of names and she made a bunch of phone calls for me the day before and we all met at the park for a picnic, cake and ice cream!
Photobucket
I was totally humbled by all the people who came to celebrate! I know part of it was the awesome weather, but it made me feel so special that so many people came.  Big parties for kids is much more normal than big parties for adults in my world.
Photobucket
When they asked how old I was turning and I said 29 they asked, "And how many years have you been 29?"  I proudly proclaimed that this was the first time and that I can still say that I'm in my 20's for another year.  Handsome Husband likes to tease me and talk about things in decades and it makes me feel so old.  He joked about how I would be 3 decades next year and I told him if he told me that on my birthday next year that I would cry!  I know that 30 isn't old, but it's about leaving my 20's behind.
Photobucket
We stayed at the park for about 3 hours and the kids ran around like crazy.  I hardly saw Sweetie, she was off playing with a preschool friend.  And Handsome Husband had actually come home early from work because he was sick and he offered to keep Captain Adorable home with him.  I was so happy that I didn't have to chase him all over the park and I could enjoy my friends!  Katie (formerly Ballerina) was still at school for the first half of the party and then Jeana went to pick she and Ben up from school and brought them back to the park to play.
Photobucket
As a married couple this is the longest Handsome Husband and I have lived in one place.  We have become friends with so many wonderful people and it is so nice that we haven't had to leave them behind!  
Photobucket
I love my friends, I felt so special at my birthday party.  I'm glad Jeana decided to throw this together it was perfect!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Summer said...

We love you, Erika! And, you look great for 29! Especially for being a mom of 3, no one would ever believe it.