Sunday, January 2, 2011

Aunt Ruthann is my friend

Sweetie loves to hang out with me while I get ready.  So I wasn't too surprised that she liked hanging out with Aunt Ruthann while she was getting ready.  I was surprised to see her sitting in the sink!
Photobucket
I didn't know she could still fit in one!
Photobucket
Sweetie watched as Ruthann put makeup on and she would ask, "Can I have some?"  So Ruthann would put a dusting on her.  She does the same thing for me.  In fact, I have a separate tube of lip gloss that Sweetie knows is all hers in my makeup bag, just for such occasions.
Photobucket
Sweetie's favorite face to pull.
Photobucket
Ruthann put Sweetie's hair up in this super cute little bun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I LOVE this picture. :)
Photobucket
Sweetie loves to play with Aunt Ruthann. Here the girls are tickling her.
Photobucket
Ruthann has this game where she asks Sweetie what her name is and Sweetie answers "Sweetie."  And Ruthann says, "No, I'M Sweetie."  And Sweetie will insist that she is in fact Sweetie and that Ruthann is Aunt Ruthann.  After a few rounds of this, Sweetie asked Ruthann what Sweetie's other name was.  When Ruthann said she didn't know, Sweetie replied, "Aunt Ruthann!"
Photobucket
Because the girls have so many aunts (I have 5 sisters), they often mix up their names.  Ruthann wanted to make sure that the girls knew who she was, so she always drilled them whenever she came over.  "What's my name?"  The girls got a little better at getting it right by the end of our trip.
Photobucket
Sweetie told Ruthann, "You are my friend.  I have only one friend."  Then she saw me and my mom standing there and she amended it by saying, "I have one friend and you and you."  
Photobucket
When it was time to go home, Sweetie said, "I'm going to miss my other friend.  The one in the white shirt."  I said, "Aunt Ruthann?" She said, "Yeah."  Ruthann likes to send the girls little videos on Facebook.  Whenever Sweetie watches one, she tries to interact as if she is Skyping with her.  
Photobucket
Every so often Sweetie likes to ask people if they are her friend.  It is really important to her that she hears it a lot, I suppose.  I'm glad the girls have so many aunts to love on them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ruthann said...

i must comment on the glory of this post. i love your childrens!

Grandma J said...

I love how the dog tries to get in on the action!

Cpt Naykid said...

Sweetie in the sink! You should compare that to when she was a baby in the sink...haha. I am definitely amazed she fits. The conversation Sweetie had with Ruthann was so hilarious! It was a sign a brilliance when Sweetie used Ruthann's tactic back on her! too funny.