Monday, November 9, 2009

An Invitation

This coming Sunday my church is having an "Invitation Sunday" where we are asked to invite people to come and see what our meetings are like. I'm not sure who would be interested, so I thought I'd put an open invitation here on my blog. If you are curious about what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints meetings are like and would like to come to church with me on Sunday, please let me know (you can email me if you don't want to leave a comment). Our meetings start at 9am. Children are very welcome to come.

This little video explains what you can expect:

If you would only like to come for the first hour, that's fine. For the last two blocks, there are separate children's classes for kids 18 months and older.

I love my Church. Growing up as a military brat, I moved around a lot. The two consistent things in my life were my family and my church. No matter where we traveled, the meetings were the same. The same principles were taught, whether on the east or west coast. Even the buildings were similar. I loved the familiarity and I knew I could depend on my Church. As I grew older I began to appreciate the unique teachings of my Church: that we are children of God, that Christ visited the Americas after his resurrection, that we have a living prophet and apostles, that we can have eternal families, that we can receive personal revelation and have the companionship of the Holy Spirit. I never wondered who I was, where I came from, where I am going, or what the purpose of life is-- I'd already been taught the answers! I have received a witness from the Holy Ghost that my Church is true and it brings me great peace and happiness. Every day of my life is led and influenced by my beliefs. I cherish my relationship with my Savior and His saving grace. I know that without Jesus Christ I would be lost. He helps me as I try to improve my life and do what He asks. It is through His atonement, His death and resurrection that I am saved and I have faith in Him. I know that He loves me and He loves you as well. Please come and share the joy that I have!

6 comments:

Emmy said...

I love these videos! I have seen a similar one about a different church subject once.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

The background is supposed to be green :(. Maybe I'll change it.

V said...

Awesome video! I'd never seen it before.

Cpt Naykid said...

Great invite and summary of your beliefs. I have invited some people at work and they have all been happily surprised. I it is important to let others know that they are always welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Erika,
I really like the video you posted up - very simple and covers a lot. I hope the invitation day went well for you!