Thursday, November 12, 2009

3 Months Old Already!

Captain Adorable is 3 months old today. I can't believe it's already been that long! He is sooo cute. He has such chubby little cheeks. He must be at least 13 and a half pounds now. We haven't had him officially weighed, though. I, on the other hand, have lost 10 pounds on top of the initial baby weight loss! Yay for me!
Baby Dragon likes to squish his cheeks together. She really has a blast with him. Captain A has started to grasp objects and Baby Dragon thinks it's so funny when he holds on to a toy. I love it when he grabs onto my shirt while he's nursing or when I find him holding on to a burp cloth or silky blankie. I think it's just adorable. Although it's not so fun when he gets a handful of my hair. Don't be too surprised if I chop it soon.
Today I got a really good laugh out of Captain Adorable for Handsome Husband to hear. I was just tickling him right under his collarbones. He is a pretty happy baby, he likes to give smiles and to goo at you. Sometimes you can carry on a gurgle conversation with him. His eyelashes are getting longer and longer, taking after his daddy and sisters.
This boy LOVES to be on his back. I'm starting to get worried about his head getting flat since it's so easy to just set him in his swing or lay him on the floor. And then he's sleeping through the night 5 out of 7 nights, so that's at least 8 hours of pressure on the back of his head. I can already feel a flat spot. So I have been putting him on his tummy more and carrying him more. Look how he fell asleep the other day:
The jammies are a little big on him, see how his right foot doesn't go to the bottom? Baby Dragon gave him a little bunny to play with. She loves when I put him on the ground. Every so often Sweetie will give him some attention and want to kiss him. She does get concerned when Cpt A is crying, probably because she wants me to make him stop.

Captain Adorable is a big fan of Pat a Cake. I can get some really big smiles out of him when I'm moving his arms. Now Baby Dragon will do Pat A Cake with him. I don't remember the girls liking it as much as Cpt. A.

I love holding him. Whenever I take him out I always get comments about my baby. Or even just smiles and prolonged adoring looks. Out here in Oregon babies aren't as commonplace as other places (cough- Utah- cough). I'm sure that wearing him in the wrap also draws attention.

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Time does go fast! He has the best cheeks.

Summer said...

What a great sleeper- whew! I love your sidebar slideshow- so sweet!

Whitney the Wifey said...

He is way cute. I think he looks like a Grawe!

Cpt Naykid said...

I am excited that Cpt A is getting to the stage of being interactive. It is nice to hold an infant, but I like them interacting! When they sit up, crawl, walk, play with toys, etc. I know the girls will also love it (except for when he grabs their toys...we'll see how that works).

E said...

He looks just like J!!! I love slings--arent' they the best thing ever?!?! I jsut picture Isaac as a little guy snuggled up next to my chest and it makes me smile!